A presentation of the Christ Almighty blog.
If you cant find it here, it may have been ported there. Give it a search!
More Christ

28 December 2012

The More Christ podcast.

Thanks to Podcastomatic, a web application which turns blogs into podcasts, there is now a podcast version of More Christ. You can get the RSS feed here, or subscribe to it on iTunes here.

There are a few catches, of course. Podcastomatic uses text-to-speech software to convert the posts. So you have to put up with a computer voice. It’s a very nice computer voice, but it won’t know which parts of a sentence to emphasize, even when I put ’em in italics. I expect it’ll also mangle some of the less-familiar words. It tends to say “Read more” in the past tense: /red/ more instead of /rēd/ more. (Or, if you’re listening to the podcast of this post, red more instead of reed more.) Artificial intelligence still has a way to go.

I rigged it so Podcastomatic doesn’t base its podcasts on More Christ’s RSS feed. That’s because this site’s RSS feed consists of introductions to each post, and not the entire post. I had to use a different RSS service to get the full posts: FiveFilters.org. So there’s gonna be a little plug for FiveFilters at the end of every podcast. Hope you won’t mind.

Now, I expect you will mind whenever I post a rerun of an older post. When I do that, I tend to just post the introduction, and include a link to the original. Those podcasts are gonna be mighty short. Sorry.

Of course, listening to the posts instead of reading them, means you can’t click any of the hyperlinks, or see any images I might include, or read any comments. For that, you’ll have to come back to the blog and interact with it. But I hope it provides an extra resource for those people who, for whatever reason, want an audio option. It’s not a perfect audio option. (To my mind, the perfect audio option would be the Holy Spirit himself reading the posts to you, and making all the appropriate corrections as he goes. Yeah, everything else pales in comparision.) This is a small something. Hope it helps.